AutoCAD is a CAD (Computer Aided Design) software application for 2D and 3D design and drafting, developed and sold by Autodesk, Inc. Initially released in late 1982.
APPLICATION OF AUTO CAD:
- Mechanical tool and component drawings, production drawings.
- Electrical wiring plans, transmission and distribution and sub station drawings.
- Electronic circuit drawings.
- Chemical process equipment drawings
- Architectural interior and exterior drawings.
- Civil construction plans and elevations.
- Cartographic mapping
ADVANTAGES OF AUTO CAD:
Drawings can be prepared more quickly and accurately with traditional method of drawing.